The 2013 class of the Academy, which was created to recognize outstanding educators who have demonstrated leadership in education, is composed of 12 members from the nine University of Texas System academic institutions.
Phi Kappa Phi members inducted into the Academy include:
- Dr. Mary Lynn Crow, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Dr. John A. Daly, The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Patrick J. Davis, The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Sheila Amin Gutiérrez de Piñeres, The University of Texas at Dallas
- Dr. Robert A. Prentice, The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. David Silva, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Dr. Michael Starbird, The University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. James W. Vick, The University of Texas at Austin
Membership in the Academy is through a highly rigorous nomination process and limited only to tenured faculty who have receive the Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award. The inaugural class received this highly prestigious honor for their extraordinary contributions in the classroom and to the educational mission of the UT System. The members will serve as the System-level advocacy group dedicated to enhancing teaching, fostering innovation in the classroom and promoting interdisciplinary perspectives on education.
An induction ceremony honoring the inductees was held April 23.